Saturday 26 January 2013

Reviving my Darlings

I'm about 10% of the way through my fourth draft and I think it's working. I've rewritten most of the dialogue and I think it sounds more 'real'. And now that I'm using close third I can use two POVs. This should make the narrative more interesting/varied but it also means I can restore some scenes I really liked but had to cut when it was in the first person. It also means the MS will be longer, but you can't have everything. All being well, I'm hoping to get it finished by Easter.

2 comments:

  1. Well done Dawn and fingers crossed for your Easter deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen. I don't think I'm going to make my Easter deadline now as work and family commitments have been taking over for the past two weeks. Also R had a terrible cough at night for a week and I've been feeling shattered in the evenings which is when I usually write. On the plus side I've been coming up with lots of ideas of how to establish and develop the characters which should make the story a lot richer. I'm going to get editing this weekend and see if I can work these ideas into my fourth draft.

    ReplyDelete