Monday 16 January 2012

The light at the end of a very long tunnel...

Not long after my last post I hit a wall (figuratively speaking) and have been lying in a wordless coma for almost two months. The dreaded writer's block kicked in as Life once again took over. Aside from the writing, it's been a tough couple of months for reasons which I won't go into. But today I started writing at 6am (I had intended to start at 7am, but some loud thumping from next door woke me rather earlier than expected) and did over 1,300 words in an hour! It's probably complete jibberish, but it's a start. And I've just completed over 700 words this afternoon in a good (but scary) writing exercise. I owe my inspiration to my new-found mentor, Dorothea Brande. She was a creative writing teacher in the '20s and '30s and her book, Becoming a Writer, is a real find! But the real challenge lies ahead - now I have got myself writing again, can I actually press on and finish the book? Only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment