Wednesday 15 January 2014

JaNoWriMo - Day 14


And so we've reached the two-week mark! The good news is, despite a few setbacks, we're all still making progress on our respective projects. So far I've managed to write every day - even on the worst days I managed 30 minutes and on the best days I wrote for 1 hour 20 minutes straight. L has almost finished her first draft which stands at almost 69K (wow!) and N is tackling the second short story in his trilogy. In fact, we're feeling so positive that L and I have pledged to continue into February.

TIP: I've found that keeping each other updated on a daily basis has really helped to keep us motivated and I'd recommend this kind of challenge to anyone who might otherwise find it difficult to write every day.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great! Keep it up! Any writing time grabbed during a day is time well spent -- even if the next day you delete it all. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara! Yes, you're quite right - better to get the words down, even if most of it's rubbish, there's usually something in there that's good enough to escape the delete key :)

      Delete